Foodstuffs, Including Cocoa, Coconut, Banana and Fish, Refined Petroleum, Gold, and Rubber.
Crude petroleum Oil, Rice, Frozen Fish, Medicine, Vehicles and Machinery
ABOUT COTE D IVOIRE
BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN COTE D IVOIRE
1. Palm oil Business - 45 percent of the national oilseed supply is used by the Ivorian domestic industry. The remaining 55 percent of oilseeds are now mostly deficient on the sub-regional market, primarily for the West African economic and monetary union (WAEMU) and ECOWAS (WAEMU).
2. Rubber Production Business - Ivory Coast is planning to double the production of rubber by 2025. The Ivory Coast Natural rubber crop is the continent s largest production producer, reaching 200,000 tonnes in 2008, rising to 188,500 tonnes in 2007.
Ivory Coast, according to the National Association of Natural Rubber Professionals, is the fourth largest rubber manufacturer in the world (Apromac). Their production is also a long way from Malaysia, which grows almost 90% of the rubber trees worldwide. In 2020, Ivory Coast produced almost a million tonnes, representing 80% of latex across the continent. Since 2005, the supply of Ivory Coast rubber has continued to increase, having produced a paltry 170,000 tonnes.
The Ivory Coast is a large economy in the West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU). The share of foreign trade in the country 's GDP is 42% (World Bank, latest available data). The country mainly exports foodstuffs, including cocoa, coconut, banana and fish, refined petroleum, gold, and rubber.
As per Ivory Coast customs data, Ivory Coasts main import commodities are crude petroleum oil, rice, frozen fish, medicine, vehicles and machinery. Ivory Coast Total Imports grew 50.3 % YoY in Dec 2022, compared with a decrease of 26.9 % YoY in the previous month